DTA makes application to Carlow County Council for Town and Village Funding – July 2020
Develop Tullow Association CLG has made a formal Expression of Interest to the Local Enterprise Office of Carlow County Council seeking grant aid assistance for Tullow. Members of the public were invited to submit projects for consideration (via the Develop Tullow Facebook page) and those suggestions along with others from the report “What Next for Tullow – Key Projects” were considered at a public Zoom meeting on Monday 29th June.
The following projects were put forward in an Expression of Interest to Carlow County Council:
- Repair / replacement of the Abbey Graveyard wall
- Continuation of the Retail Paint Grant Scheme
- Improved “information” signage in Tullow
- Repair of the window in the former Court Room
- Erection of three flag poles at the Fr. Murphy Memorial
- A car parking bay at the Thomas Traynor Memorial Park
- Erection of swims platforms at the Thomas Traynor Memorial Park
- Erection of Dog Poo Bins and signage
- Clean-up of River Slaney banks
- Creation of a Plan and Survey for a Historic Walking Route
- Development of a bus bay at St. Patrick’s Park for local buses
- Creation of a Plan for the re-development of Pairc Ogham
The estimated total cost of these projects is €103,000.
These projects are entered into a competitive process within County Carlow and if successful at a local level are then forwarded to the Department of Community and Rural Affairs for further consideration. Final approval for successful projects will be announced in November 2020.