Tullow Museum is housed in an attractive, cut stone, former methodist chapel. The chapel was built in 1860. Just over 100 years later, in 1968, due to a declining congregation, it was sold to local businessman, Mr. Phil McCabe.
In 1999 Tullowphelim Historical Society purchased the building and converted it into a museum. Inside is a fine collection of artefacts, war memorabilia, photographs and retail items reflecting local history. Pride of place goes to the vestments believed to be those of Fr. John Murphy of Boolavogue, one of the leaders of the 1798 Rebellion, who was executed in Tullow on 2nd July 1798.